YES YOU CAN DO IT!
YES YOU CAN DO IT!
Don’t let the negative voices win! You can jog, walk, or run, in a 5K, and feel good doing it!
If you can push pass the challenges you think you are having, I promise you will see and feel the results quickly. We can come up with several reason why we can’t or won’t participate, so here are the reasons why you should connect with this easy great sport.
- Only a small amount of time is required to prepare for a 5K
- When you participate in this activity you will feel so good when you are done, like walking on the moon
- Your heart and lungs will become stronger than you ever imagined, you will never be out of breath climbing the steps.
- Signing up for local events, your entry fees always help a great cause.
- If you are trying to lose weight, this will do it! Inches will disappear in your waist, hips, and legs
Currently we have a total of 80 students who participate in the fitness classes at New Trier. Our running team is about (8) students. We would love to increase our participation and encourage everyone to get more fit by joining us!
If you are not convinced this is a good thing, look at these facts!
Running Regularly Reduces Risks of
Breast Cancer by 25%
Cataracts by 35%
Gastric Cancer by 50%
Depression by 19%
Serious Heart Attack by 50%
100% False, If you think running causes arthritis in your knees, think again. Running can actually help prevent arthritis by increasing cartilage production.
Running burns 2 x- the calories as walking per mile
30 minutes of HIGH-IMPACT EXERCISE A DAY IS ALL YOU NEED TO BUILD STRONG BONES.
The number of breaths per minute you take while you run-up from 15 while at rest. Talk about a workout for your lungs!
ONE HUNDRED= the number of calories running just one mile burns
2 out of 3 runners believe; running together as a couple leads to more action between the sheets that’s a double dose of healthy, feel-good endorphins!
These statistics are from the American Journal of Cardiology, American Heart Association, Baylor College of Medicine, National Weight Control
Do I need to say anymore?!
These are the following races we are participating in for 2016! Please join us!
Valentines Day, Highland Park Northshore Cupid Love Dash
Night Nation Run, April 16th, Soldier Field Chicago